McDowell Trip 2006

The McDowell Trip cross country. Enjoy our trip with us as we finally make our "Western" trip.

Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

I am an Eagle Scout having been a member of the Scouting fraternity for over 30 years man and boy. Now that I have graduated from SU I am preparing to become more active in the fall. I am a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church and I have recently become the Presbytery Resource Person for the Theological Education Fund of the Presbyterian Church USA. As part of my college training I designed websites for both my church and the local Presbytery. I have been married for 36 years to a warm, loving, special lady named Charlotte and we have two great children, Margie and Francis, and one grandchild, Alex, who all live in the Syracuse area. Francis is getting married in October and Margie is dating a great guy named Mike.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Third Day on the Trail

Hi All,
Well we have been "on the road" three days now. We got up late (for us) the last two days [Hey, we are on vacation you know!] Yesterday we went over on the West side of Columbus and found the house where my parents and I lived when we first moved to Columbus on S. Roys Ave. When Char and I pulled up in front of the house it looked familiar, but boy is it SMALL. We also drove by West Broad Elementary and Hoge Memorial Presbyterian Church both of which I attended and are only several blocks from our old house. After that we went to one of our favorite malls, Tuttle Crossing, near Dublin. We had lunch there and picked up several items. Last night we had dinner with my mother's good friends the Barlow's at a Bob Evans Restaurant. We talked for several hours, showed pictures, and told stories. It was a good time for all.
This morning we stopped by Overbrook Presbyterian Church where my parents and I attended after we moved to Clintonville on the far North side of Columbus. We spent some time with Rev. Leety talking about our trip and other things. Later we had a business lunch at Schmidt's Sausage House. If you like German cusine and are ever in Columbus, this is the place to go. After lunch we went to a Topiary Garden that is modeled after Georges Seurat's painting "A Sunday on the Island of La Grande Jatte". It was a quite interesting oasis in the middle of downtown Columbus. The effect was partially spoiled however by the apparently homeless folks sleeping in the bushes and on the benchs around the park. Below is a photo I took there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Grandpa Glad to see you are having a great time so far. I cant wait to see any[pictures you take, because you tend to have that photog ability , haha.. Well I gotta go to work, Keep us posted. I miss you and grandma both and I will be calling every couple of days, Love you both.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home